Friday, October 06, 2006

The Miracle of Parenthood

Since last we spoke, I've seen quite a few blogs. Some of them are useful. Some of them are entertaining. Rarely are they both. But everyone on the right hand column offers a decent perspective on things they know something about, be it music, journalism, technology, theatre, etc.

At one point, I actually thought I had something to say about all of these things. But after a year of writer's block, false starts, missed opportunities and broken promises to myself and others, it occurs to me that I have nothing at all to say.

This makes me akin to 99.8 percent of the blogs out there.

So in the mantra of my old creative writing workshop, I will write what I know. And since I've pretty much taken a blowtorch to my writing and journalism career, I will spend my free time writing about the one aspect of my life I have yet to fuck up.

My children.

Thankfully, they are only 3-and-a-half and 1-and-a-half. So I still have plenty of time to fuck them up.

I hope I don't though. Because then I truly won't have anything to write about.

I guess then I could write a food column...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home