Saturday, August 06, 2005

Words of Wisdom pt. 2

The previous entry reminded me of something a journalism professor said to me during a "career counseling" session shortly before I graduated. I spent my freshman year as an acting major before I took up a journalism degree in my second year. Upon learning this, this professor seemed impressed and said, "Those acting courses will come in handy. You will need to get people to trust you before you actually betray them."

It should be mentioned that during this session, when I handed him my clips, most of them from a school music magazine I edited, he flipped through all 10 pieces in less than a minute and said, "I don't see anything publishable here. There's nothing I can do for you."

Maybe I could be a shepherd. You know, the outdoor life. The solitary life. I think I can do it. I mean, I like lamb chops...

4 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . but the sheep might flee unless you corner them into eating grass. better see if you've got what it takes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sleep/sheep/reaction_version5.swf

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sheep link

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sleepy-sheep-hunt... And hey, maybe the sheep thing is the way to go. The family could get into knitting, and you could start a wool-textiles mill. And custom-designed sheepskin stuff by the misses, eh?
How big is your backyard?

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

our backyard is big enough for a nice scarf and maybe a pair of mittens

 

Post a Comment

<< Home